8 oz sour cream
1 tablespoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
1 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
5 9-inch flour tortillas
2 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or cubed
6 green onions, sliced
shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, diced avocado, additional sour cream – for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, hot sauce and seasoning salt.
- In another bowl, combine all 3 cheeses.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil. Working with one tortilla at a time, add to the hot oil to crisp up, flipping over when the first side gets lightly brown. Continue with the remaining tortillas, adding more oil if needed.
- To assemble the stack, place 1 tortilla on the bottom of the springform pan. Spread on ⅕ of the sour cream mixture, followed by ¼ of the chicken, 2 tablespoons of green onion, and ⅕ of the cheese mixture. Add another tortilla, sour cream, chicken, green onions and cheese. Repeat 2 more times, then lay the remaining tortilla on top. Spread with the remaining sour cream mixture and top with the remaining cheese. Cover with foil.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the stack is heated through, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes for easier slicing. Top with the remaining green onions, lettuce, tomato, avocados and more sour cream, if desired.
Original recipe visit: Chicken Tortilla Stack @ tasteandtellblog.com