1 can of chickpeas
1 sweet potato
⅔ cups of brown rice
5 cups of tightly packed fresh spinach
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp turmeric
½ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp cinnamon
2 cloves of garlic
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp tahini
1 tsp maple syrup
chili, salt, pepper
- Start by cooking brown rice. Add rice and 2 cups of water to a pot, season with salt and cook for 30-40 minutes or until soft.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Rinse, drain, then dry chickpeas. Remove skins for an extra crunchy finish. Mix chickpeas with 1 teaspoon of oil, garlic powder, turmeric, cayenne, salt and pepper. Arrange chickpeas on one side of the baking tray in a single layer.
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite sized pieces and place them on the baking tray too. Sprinkle with cinnamon and chili. Bake chickpeas and sweet potato for 25-30 minutes.
- Heat up 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a large pan, add crushed garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add spinach, salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- For the tahini dressing mix together tahini, lime juice, maple syrup with a little water.
- Add rice, sweet potatoes, chickpeas and spinach to a big bowl and top with the tahini dressing. Enjoy!
Original recipe and more pictures visit: CHICKPEA, SPINACH & SWEET POTATO BROWN RICE BOWL @ greenevi.com