2 lbs skinless chicken breast
1 mango (peeled) and extra for bowls if desired.
2 tbsp chili sauce or sriracha
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp to 1tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped red onion or shallot (and some for garnish bowl after)
1/4 cup white wine (Pinot grigio)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup orange or pineapple juice
Toppings to garnish – Chili pepper, cilantro, crushed black pepper/sea salt
EXTRAS FOR THE BOWL
1 cup jasmine rice or cauliflower rice, mango, red onion slices, and any extra sauce!
- Peel and cube your mango. Cut more or keep extra for your bowl if desired.
- Blend everything together in a blender except your toppings/garnish (the chili pepper flakes and cilantro). It should be a nice orange or tropical color.
- Wash your chicken and cut off any extra skin. Place in dish or ziplock bag. Pour marinade over chicken and let it marinade in fridge for at little as 2 hrs or up to 24 hrs.
- Remove marinated chicken from fridge.
- Preheat oven to 425F or Grill at medium high.
- Place chicken in baking dish and add extra marinade on top.
- Bake for 20 -30 minutes then broil the last minute to make it a little crispy.
- If grilling, place in foil and add marinade on top. Grill for about 20 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove and serve sliced. In serving in the bowl, just add 1/2 cup to 1 cup white rice, red onion slices, and cubed mango. If paleo you can use cauliflower rice.
- Squeeze any extra lime juice on top and garnish with extra chili flakes, chopped cilantro, and pepper/sea salt if desired.
- Great with pinot grigio of course!
This is easy to make paleo with cauliflower rice instead of rice. Or even sweet potato. great on grill or oven! Easy and healthy.
Original Recipes visit: Chili Lime Mango Marinated Chicken Bowls (Gluten Free, Healthy, Dairy Free) @ cottercrunch.com