These Chocolate Cream Pie Bites are great for a crowd, and perhaps even better as a bite-sized treat to share with a loved one on a special occasion – with leftovers, of course!
Homemade All Butter Pie Crust or 2 pre-made, ready to roll pie crusts
2 cups half-and-half
4 tablespoons butter, cut into chunks
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
4 egg yolks + 1 egg for egg wash
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
2 oz. bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
bittersweet chocolate curls, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour (or use nonstick cooking spray) a mini-muffin pan. Set aside.
- Roll the dough or pie crust out on a floured surface with a floured rolling pin.
- Using a round cookie or biscuit cutter (approximately 3 inches diamater) cut at least 24 rounds out ( or 12 rounds of each pie crust, if using store bought)
- Carefully press each round into the mini-muffin pan. Use your fingers to round the ends into a pie crust. Brush egg wash from one egg to the top edges of each pie.
- Get full recipe >> Chocolate Cream Pie Bites @ sugarapron.com