The BEST Chocolate Mousse Cups – A pretty, ruffled chocolate cup filled with a rich, creamy milk chocolate mousse topped with a fresh, sweet strawberry, real chocolate sprinkles and served with a berry coulis. This Chocolate Mousse Cup is definitely a chocolate piece de resistance.
- 6 ounces milk chocolate
- 3 large egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 chocolate bowls
- In a glass bowl, microwave chocolate on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir. Continue microwaving in 30 second increments until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together egg yolks and sugar. Whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats back of spoon and starts to bubble around the edges, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; whisk in melted chocolate and vanilla. Chill until cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat remaining heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Stir 1/3 of whipped cream into cooled custard mixture, then gently fold in the remaining with cream.
- Spoon into chocolate bowls; chill, covered, at least 30 minutes or up to 3 days.
- Serve garnished with strawberries, berry coulis and chocolate sprinkles, if desired.