2 cups creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup salted butter (softened)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 packages (1 lb each) Chocolate Candy Coating
- Mix the peanut butter, salted butter and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- After they are well mixed together, add in the powdered sugar, a little at a time. You may need to add a bit more or a bit less powered sugar. You have enough powered sugar when the mixture holds together well in one giant ball in your mixing bowl.
- Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 15 – 25 minutes until they firm up. (You can also cover tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days.)
- Shape the dough into 1-inch balls.Cover and refrigerate again, for about 15 – 20 minutes. Skipping this step makes the dough very hard to dip into the chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
- Dip the peanut butter balls one at a time into the melted chocolate. Let the excess chocolate drip off, as the chocolate will pool a little when you set it down. Place the dipped peanut butter chocolate ball onto wax paper and let it harden.
- Chill until ready to serve. Also chill them a little before packaging them up for gifts.
- The peanut butter ball dough can be stored, tightly sealed, in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before dipping in chocolate.
- If the dough becomes too soft at any time while working with it, put it back into the refrigerator.
Original Recipes visit: Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls @ momfabulous.com