Delicious Cookies and Cream Trifle – This recipe is jam packed with chocolatey and creamy goodness that will completely WOW your company!
1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1⅓ cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
COOKIES AND CREAM MOUSSE
- 1 (4.2 oz.) box Cookies and Cream Instant Jello Pudding Mix, dry, do not prepare
- ½ cup water
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 oz.) tub cool whip, thawed to room temp
- 1 (12 oz.) tub cool whip
- 1 (15.35 oz.) Package Double Stuffed Oreos, about 30 cookies. crush cookies into both small and larger pieces.
- hot fudge
TO MAKE BROWNIES
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream butter and sugar together in a large bowl. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add cocoa, flour and salt and mix until well combined. DO NOT OVERBEAT! Pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Let cool COMPLETELY.
TO MAKE COOKIES AND CREAM MOUSSE
- Whisk Cookies and Cream Instant Jello Pudding mix, water and sweetened condensed milk together in a large bowl for about 2 minutes. Fold in 8 oz. tub of cool whip until no streaks are present. Stir in some extra crushed Oreo pieces as needed. I added about 5 cookies worth to the mixture. Cover and store in fridge until ready to assemble trifle.
- Once brownies are cool, cut them into 1 inch squares.
- To assemble trifle, Place half of the brownie squares at the bottom of trifle dish.
- Next spread half of the Cookies and Cream Mousse over the top of brownies.
- Sprinkle half of crushed Oreos over the top of mousse.
- Spread half of the 12 oz. tub of cool whip over the top of the Oreo crumbs.
- Repeat layers 1 more time only reverse the crushed Oreo layer and cool whip layer so that the Oreo crumbs garnish the top of the trifle and rest on top of the cool whip layer.
- Chill in fridge for at least a couple hours and until ready to serve.
- Scoop into bowls and top with hot fudge.