Easy Cranberry Walnut Chicken Salad – Easy chicken salad filled with tender chicken, dried cranberries, walnuts, apples, celery, dill, and parsley. For a healthier option, you can use Greek yogurt in the dressing and serve the chicken salad on lettuce instead of bread.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt I prefer light sour cream or lowfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 3 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken I use white meat from a rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery or finely chopped apple
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts see note
- salt and pepper to taste
In a large bowl, whisk mayonnaise, sour cream or yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, and dill. Add remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve chilled on bread or lettuce.
- To toast walnuts: Place walnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently for about 5 minutes, until fragrant and toasted. Watch them carefully so they don’t burn. Cool before adding to the chicken salad.