½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. paprika
1¼ tsp. salt, divided
1 large chicken breast (about ½ lb.), cut in half lengthwise
12 oz. campanelle (or something similar)
1 (8.5 oz) jar sliced sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, divided
½ cup half & half
5 oz. goat cheese
½ cup diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups chopped kale
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Season liberally with salt.
- In a small ramekin or bowl, mix garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and salt. Season all sides of the chicken with with seasoning.
- Heat a large skillet to a medium-high heat. Take 2 teaspoons of oil out of sun-dried tomatoes and add to pan. Sear chicken breasts until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Let rest for a few minutes and then slice or chop into bite-size pieces.
- While chicken cooks, dump pasta in boiling water and stir. Cook until aldente.
- While the pasta cooks, add another 2 tsp. of oil from sun-dried tomatoes to the same skillet you cooked the chicken in. Add onion, garlic, kale and ¼ tsp salt. Sauté until softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of sun-dried tomatoes (drained of liquid), goat cheese, and half and half to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Once pasta is aldente, reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid and then drain. Add pasta, goat cheese mixture and ½ cup of starchy cooking liquid to onion, garlic and kale. Toss until combined and cheese has melted. Add chicken and remaining sun-dried tomatoes (drained), toss to combine. If necessary, add more starchy cooking liquid to loosen the sauce up.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Original Recipes visit: Creamy Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta @ cookingforkeeps.com