6 ounces fettuccine or linguine
8 Tablespoons butter , divided
8 ounces fresh , sliced mushrooms
2 garlic cloves , minced
4 ounces cream cheese , cubed
2 tablespoons fresh parsley , chopped
1 tablespoon fresh basil , chopped (you can substitute 1 teaspoon dried basil if that’s all you have)
1/2 cup boiling water (reserved from your noodle pot)
1 pound raw medium shrimp , tail off
- Boil and generously salt a large pot of water and cook your pasta according to the package directions. Make sure to save 1/2 cup of pasta water for later in the recipe.
- While your pasta is cooking, cook your shrimp for a couple of minutes in a pan or until pink.
- In a large skillet melt 2 tablespoons of butter over medium heat and saute mushrooms until soft and brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve cooked mushrooms and melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add minced garlic, cream cheese, and herbs. At this point, the cream cheese will look scary and lumpy. Don’t worry, it will smooth out later when we add the water.
- Simmer cream cheese mixture until well blended. Get a scoop (1/2 cup) of boiling pasta water from your noodle pot and mix it in, stirring and whisking quickly until sauce is smooth.
- Keep sauce hot and add shrimp and mushrooms, mix well and simmer (stirring often) until everything is hot and thickened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Toss sauce with cooked noodles and serve.
Original recipe visit: Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta @ the-girl-who-ate-everything.com