1 [5 oz] box of spinach
1 TBSP butter
1 clove garlic, smashed and minced
1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/8-1/4 tsp salt, to taste
1 garlic naan flatbread
2 oz mozzarella cheese, grated
2 tbsp feta cheese, crumbled
1-2 tsp pesto
a pinch of red pepper flakes, for topping
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop spinach and mince garlic.
- Heat a deep pan to medium-high heat with 1 TBSP butter.
- Add garlic and spinach and sauté until wilted.
- Add heavy cream, parmesan, and salt and reduce heat to simmer, stirring frequently to thicken for about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread spinach mixture onto your flatbread and top with mozzarella and feta cheese.
- Drizzle with pesto and bake on a foil lined baking sheet at 350 for 12 min.
- Change oven setting to broil for an additional minute or two, until golden and bubbly.
- Top with red pepper flakes and enjoy!
- No fresh spinach? No problem! If you have creamed spinach squirreled away in your freezer it makes a fantastic base! Frozen chopped spinach will work too; simple squeeze it dry first and mix it with a dash of cream and a sprinkling of parm cheese. Whichever route you take, Popeye is sure to be proud!
Original recipe visit: Three Cheese Pesto Spinach Flatbread Pizza @ peasandcrayons.com