Risottos are one of my favourite dinners. When made right, they are rich and creamy, but not too heavy or stodgy. Plus, risotto rice picks up flavours so well, so there is a lot of potential to make a seriously amazing-tasting dish when you’ve got the makings of one in your stock cupboard.
And I have a new favourite risotto recipe: This Tomato & Roasted Mediterranean Vegetable Risotto! Sooooo flavourful and a dish everyone can enjoy, vegans and meat-eaters alike. Plus, risottos are naturally gluten-free too!
Creamy Tomato & Roasted Veg Risotto (Vegan)
A deliciously creamy risotto that is BURSTING with flavour
FOR THE ROASTED VEGETABLES
1 tbsp olive oil
300 g cherry tomatoes
2 red peppers
1 large courgette zucchini
A generous pinch of salt and pepper
FOR THE RISOTTO
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large red onion diced
3 garlic cloves minced
225 g risotto rice
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
250 ml passata
250 ml vegetable stock
Approx 6 sun-dried tomatoes chopped into small chunks
A small bunch of fresh basil torn
salt and pepper to taste
Optional vegan parmesan or “nooch” to serve
TO ROAST THE VEGETABLES
- Preheat the oven to 180C / 350F and add the olive oil to a roasting tin.
- Chop the vegetables into small chunks and spread out in the tin, adding the salt and pepper before giving everything a shake to coat.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
TO MAKE THE RISOTTO
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a shallow casserole dish or large frying pan, on a low-medium heat.
- Sauté the onion for a few minutes before adding the minced garlic and cooking for another minute.
- Visit Creamy Tomato & Roasted Veg Risotto (Vegan) @ wallflowerkitchen.com for full instructions.