Crock Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe
Crock Pot Sloppy Joes Recipe – Skip the can with these homemade Crock Pot Sloppy Joes! Ground beef, tomato sauce and delicious seasonings make these the easiest and best sloppy joes!
- Author: Arleena
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 6 hours
- Total Time: 6 hours 20 mins
- Yield: 8 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 hamburger buns
In a large pan, brown ground beef with chopped onion.
Cook and crumble until no longer pink. Drain excess grease.
Put ground beef mixture into your slow cooker.
Add in the rest of your ingredients (except hamburger buns and cheese)
Give it all a good stir.
Cover and cook on low for about 4-6 hours.
When ready to serve, place filling on buns.
- To make this on the stove top, brown ground beef and onion in a large pot. Drain excess grease and return beef mixture to pot. Stir in the rest of the ingredients (omit the flour). Bring mixture to a boil (over medium high heat) Cover, reduce heat to medium low and allow it to simmer for about 30 minutes.
- To Toast Buns – put a dab of butter in a cast iron skillet. Put the heat on medium.Then put in the buns and toast until golden brown.
Keywords: sloppy joes, ground beef recipes, slow cooking recipes