1 1/2 cups whole milk
3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 cups heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 teaspoon oil (I used coconut oil)
1/2 cup roasted, salted almonds, chopped
- In a large mixing bowl, combine milk and sugar, and use an electric mixer on medium speed to whisk together until the sugar is dissolved. Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and almond extract and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and churn according to directions.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate chips and oil together, microwaving for 30 seconds, stirring, and then adding 10 seconds if needed. When the ice cream has reached a soft consistency and is just about done, pour 2/3 of the melted chocolate in a thin stream over the churning ice cream. This will create nice thin flecks of chocolate throughout the finished ice cream. Mix in roasted almonds (reserve 2-3 tablespoons) as well, and churn until mixed.
- Transfer the ice cream to a storage container, and pour reserved melted chocolate over the top of the ice cream, and then sprinkle with reserved chopped almonds.
- Cover and freeze at least 3 hours, or until ready to serve.
Original recipe visit: Dark Chocolate Almond Ice Cream @ lovelylittlekitchen.com