FOR THE COOKIE CAKE:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup M&Ms (Use spring colored M&Ms)
1/2 cup Easter sprinkles
FOR THE FROSTING:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream or milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9” round cake pan with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make the cookie cake: Beat butter and sugar with a hand or a stand mixer until creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla, then mix in baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar. Slowly mix in flour. Stir in M&Ms and sprinkles.
- Press batter into prepared pan, pressing more M&Ms onto the top as desired. Bake for 19-22 minutes or until the edges are just turning a light golden brown. It’s better to under bake this dough than over bake it. The cake will continue cooking a bit as it cools so err on the side of underdone for the best tasting cookie. Let it cool completely before frosting.
- Make the frosting: beat butter until smooth, then slowly beat in powdered sugar until crumbly. Add salt and vanilla, then add 1 teaspoon of heavy whipping cream. Beat until smooth, adding another teaspoon of heavy whipping cream to get a spreadable texture.
- To frost: use a 1M tip and a ziplock or piping bag to decorate the cookie cake. Top with more sprinkles and M&Ms.
- Store loosely covered for up to 2 days.
Original Recipes visit: Easter Sugar Cookie Cake @ crazyforcrust.com