1 loaf of Italian bread
1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
1 and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (see note)
1 cup and 1/2 shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bread lengthwise and place both parts face up on the sheet.
- Brush both pieces with melted butter. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Uncover bread. Top with cheese.
- Place bread back in the oven for 2 to 4 more minutes, to melt the cheese. (see note)
- Remove from the oven and place on a cutting board. Let cool for few minutes.
- Slice and serve.
- If you like garlic, you can use more garlic powder – up to 2 teaspoons (1 teaspoon per piece of bread).
- Instead of garlic powder, try dry ranch seasoning mix. It’s fantastic, especially for kids who don’t like garlic!
- We like our cheese so melted that it starts to brown. Watch the bread while melting the cheese and remove from oven as soon as it reaches the desired look. Recipe source: CrunchyCreamySweet.com
Original Recipes visit: Easy Cheesy Garlic Bread @ crunchycreamysweet.com