Easy French Dip Sliders Recipe
Easy French Dip Sliders Recipe – The best possible version of French Dip sandwiches — made into oven-baked sliders with a delicious buttery topping!
- Yield: 12 Sliders 1x
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 package Hawaiian sweet rolls (12 rolls total)
1 pound deli roast beef*
12 slices Sargento provolone cheese, separated, 1 package
1 and 1/2 cups French fried onions, optional
8 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 packet Au Jus seasoning mix, separated
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
3/4 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional**
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish with the softened unsalted butter.
- Without separating the rolls, slice the package of rolls in half.
- Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish. Top with the 6 slices of the provolone cheese, roast beef, french fried onions, remaining 6 slices of cheese, and the other half of the rolls.
- In a small bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. Mix in 1 tablespoon of the au jus seasoning mix,
- Worcestershire sauce, sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, onion powder, and seasoned salt **(I like things salty! If you don’t leave this out). Whisk until well combined.
- Top the rolls evenly with this mixture (you don’t need to use all of it, we usually use about 3/4ths) but just make sure all the rolls are entirely coated. If you have leftover put it in the fridge to top steak or bread at another time.
- Bake the sliders uncovered until the cheese is gooey and the tops of the rolls are golden brown — about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove and cut the sliders with a very sharp knife.
- While the sliders are baking, take the remaining au jus mixture and place in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add 2 cups cold water and whisk. Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to a simmer to allow it to slightly thicken.
- Serve with the sandwiches.
*I like to get rare deli roast beef because as it cooks in these sliders it becomes medium-medium+
**I like things salty!! If you aren’t a fan of too much salt, omit this addition.