6 Tbsp butter, divided
12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
1 lb deli roast beef, sliced thin
12 slices provolone cheese
1 1/2 cups french fried onions
1 packet au jus gravy mix
1 cup cold water
1 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp minced onion
1 tsp kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Melt 2 Tbsp of the butter, and spread it over the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Without separating the rolls, slice the package of rolls in half. Place the bottom half of the rolls in the baking dish. Top with slices of the provolone cheese, roast beef, and the french fried onions. Then add the other half of the rolls on top.
- In a small bowl, melt the remaining 4 Tbsp of butter in the microwave. Mix in the au jus seasoning mix, water, Worcestershire sauce, sesame seeds, minced onion, and kosher salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour about 1/4-1/2 cup over the top of the rolls. Spoon out some of the chunky parts of the mixture and spread those over the tops as well. Save the remaining mixture to dip your sandwiches into.
- Bake the sliders uncovered for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and the tops are browned.
- Remove and cut the sliders into 12 portions.
- While the sliders are baking, take the remaining au jus mixture and heat in the microwave until warmed. Whisk until combined. The butter will separate as it cools, that’s okay!
- Serve the sliders warm with warm au jus!
Original Recipes visit: French Dip Sliders @ shugarysweets.com