1 9-ounce package of chocolate wafer cookies (or 22 chocolate sandwich cookies), processed or crushed into fine crumbs
6 tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons sugar (omit if using sandwich cookies)
1-quart premium chocolate-chocolate chip ice cream (or another favorite flavor)
2 tablespoons brandy
2 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
1 jar fudge sauce (mine was 12.25 ounces)
Sweetened whipped cream, halved chocolate sandwich cookies to garnish
- Mix cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar (if using) in a medium bowl. Pat into a greased, 9-inch pie plate. Freeze.
- Set out ice cream to soften while crust freezes.
- Mix softened ice cream, brandy, and Kahlua. Dump into the center of frozen crust and use an offset spatula to smooth top. Freeze till solid, a few hours.
- Put large spoonfuls of fudge sauce over top of ice cream and quickly spread to cover. Ice cream will start melting so you may need to patch with more sauce if it breaks through the topping. Place in the freezer.
- Whip cream and pipe small mounds onto parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze and use to garnish the finished cake. Place a half cookie onto each whipped cream mound if desired.
Original recipe visit: Fudge Topped Chocolate Ice Cream Pie @ thatskinnychickcanbake.com