For the bars:
1/2 C butter (see notes for dairy free)
1 C gluten free graham cracker crumbs
1 C powdered sugar
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
3/4 C peanut butter (I have not used natural in this recipe)
For the topping:
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp peanut butter
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add the butter to a large, microwave safe bowl and heat until melted. Stir in the graham cracker crumbs, powdered sugar, and peanut butter.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the chocolate and 2 tablespoons of peanut butter at 50% power for 1 minute. Stir really well and continue to heat at 50% power for 20 second intervals until the chocolate is completely melted. Pour the melted chocolate mixture over the graham cracker base and evenly spread it across the top.
- Refrigerate for until the bars are set, about 2 hours. Slice into squares and serve at room temperature or cold. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- For dairy free, I use palm shortening and dairy free chocolate chips. The dairy free version is a bit softer than the regular version but are just as delicious!
- I have also made this by melting the peanut butter with the butter in step 1. It makes it easier to mix but you need to refrigerate it for about 15-20 minutes before pouring the chocolate over the top.
Original Recipes visit: Gluten Free Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars @ whattheforkfoodblog.com