Easy Greek Chicken Bowls – Greek Marinated Chicken, Tzatziki, and Cucumber Salad make for an awesome meal prep bowl with tons of flavor.
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbs garlic minced (Note, adjust to preference)
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
1 Tbs dried oregano
1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 English cucumbers peeled and sliced
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs red wine vinegar
1/2 Tbs minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
1 English cucumber finely diced
1 tsp – up to 1 Tbs minced garlic adjust to garlic preference
1/2 Tbs dill weed or 1 Tbs fresh dill, chopped fine
1 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1/2 tsp chopped fresh mint optional
Salt and pepper to taste
3 cups cooked brown rice
1 1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes halved
1/2 cup red onion slices
- In a large plastic zip bag, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, oregano, greek yogurts and salt and pepper. Massage to mix.
Add chicken into the bag.
- Massage to make sure chicken is full covered and marinate for at least 20 minutes, up to 12 hours.
Drain the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade.
In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat.
I used my Anolon Skillet which I love because it heats evenly, is metal utensil friendly, and can be used in the oven up to 400 degrees.
- Add chicken when it is hot, and cook, flipping part way through. Cook approximately 3-4 minutes per side. Cooking time depends on thickness and size of the chicken. Cook until internal temp is 165 degrees.
- Remove from pan, and let cool.
Once cool, cut into bite sized pieces. Just make sure you let it cool, or all the juice will run out.
- Meanwhile, make cucumber salad by chunking the cucumbers, and tossing in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and oregano. Set aside
- Make tzatziki sauce by combining the Greek yogurt, cucumber, garlic, dill weed, lemon juice, lemon zest in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. And add mint (optional)
Refrigerate while assembling your bowls.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions. When finished cooking, divide between meal prep containers, 1/2 cup in each container, halve cherry tomatoes, and mix with red onion slices.
- Divide amongst the bowls.
Top with chicken, cucumber salad, and some tzatziki sauce.
Keep for 3- 5 days in airtight container, serve cold!