2 sticks (1 cup) butter, melted
1 lb powdered sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 14 oz package shredded coconut, sweetened
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1 10 oz jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
3 cups finely chopped pecans
1 16 oz package chocolate Candiquik
- After chopping cherries, place on a paper towel so the liquid can be absorbed. Blot dry with additional paper towels.
- Combine all ingredients except for Candiquik in a large bowl.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours. Tip #1 – the colder the filling is the quicker the chocolate will set up
- Form into balls about the size of a walnut or whatever size you prefer.
- Refrigerate balls for 20 minutes. Tip #2 – See tip #1
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt Candiquik according to package directions.
- Dip balls into chocolate, tap off excess, and place on lined baking sheet to set up. Tip #3: Get off as much chocolate as you can otherwise it will pool at the bottom of the candy and you’ll have to trim it off.
- Repeat until all balls are covered in chocolate.
- Store in airtight container.
Original recipe visit: Martha Washington Candies @ momontimeout.com