1 cup quinoa (uncooked)
15 oz. can black beans
8 oz. cherry tomatoes
1 orange bell pepper
1 1/2 cups corn (I used frozen, thawed)
4 green onions
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Optional: avocado for serving
For the dressing:
1 tsp. cumin
1 garlic clove, minced
Juice from 1 lime, more to taste
1/4 tsp. salt
- Rinse and cook quinoa according to package directions. (Feel free to use broth instead of water for more flavor.)
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, add dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse and drain beans. Dice the bell pepper, slice the green onions, quarter the cherry tomatoes, and chop cilantro.
- In a large bowl, add the cooked quinoa with all other salad ingredients.
- Pour dressing over the top and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or chill first for flavors to blend.
Original Recipes visit: Mexican Quinoa Salad @ thegardengrazer.com