1 large English cucumber, seeded and diced
5 scallions, diced (white and green parts)
1 15 ounce can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 pint of grape tomatoes, halved
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
1/4 cup of parsley, minced
1/4 cup of fresh mint, minced
3/4 cup of crumbled feta, divided
For the Vinaigrette:
Zest and Juice of 3 lemons
2 teaspoons of of Gourmet Garden Basil Stir In Paste
1 clove of grated garlic
1/2 cup of olive oil (I love using an unfiltered olive oil )
1 teaspoon of kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon of freshly cracked black pepper
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumber, diced scallions, chickpeas, grape tomatoes, diced red and orange bell pepper, parsley, mint and a 1/2 cup of the crumbled feta.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon zest and juice, Basil paste, and garlic.
- Slowly whisk in the olive oil so that everything emulsifies.
- Add the salt and pepper and whisk again.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables and chickpeas and toss to combine.
- Garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup of feta cheese and serve with toasted pita chips for serving.
Original Recipes visit: Middle Eastern Chickpea Salad @ cookinginstilettos.com