For the date crust
1½ cups (about 15) Medjool dates, pitted
1½ cups raw almonds
For the filling
⅓ cup non-dairy milk
6 oz. dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
2 bananas, sliced
¼ cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- Lightly grease a 14×5″ rectangular tart pan or 9″ tart pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- Add the pitted dates and almonds to a food processor or high-powered blender and pulverize until it comes together into a “dough”, with small almond bits remaining. Press the almond date dough evenly along the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan.
- Place the chocolate chunks into a heat-proof bowl. Heat the non-dairy milk on the stove until just simmering, or in the microwave for about 30 seconds. Pour the milk over the chocolate, making sure all the chocolate is submerged, and let sit for a minute or two. Stir until smooth.
- Reserve a small amount of the melted chocolate to drizzle if desired, and then smooth the rest evenly over the crust.
- Arrange the banana slices over the chocolate, sprinkle almonds over the bananas, and drizzle the remaining chocolate over everything.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to set before serving.
Original recipe visit: No-Bake Chocolate Banana Tart (Gluten Free, Paleo + Vegan) @ bakerita.com