1/4 cup olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
12 oz butternut squash, grated
1/2 cu dry white wine
1 pound fresh linguine pasta (see notes if you’re using dried pasta)
10 oz of hard cheese ( Parmesan, Asiago or Fontina) grated
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- In a ovenproof 10″ skillet add the olive oil, minced garlic and grated butternut squash. Cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-low flame.
- Pour the white wine and simmer for 5 minutes until the butternut squash begins to soften.
- Add the pasta, half of the cheese, heavy cream and parsley.
- Season with salt an pepper.
- Remove from the heat.
- Scatter the remaining cheese over the pasta and place the skillet into the heated oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until pasta and squash are cooked.
- Cool slightly and serve.
If you do not have any fresh pasta on hand, you can make this recipe using dried pasta as well. Replace the fresh pasta with 10 oz dried linguine and add an additional 3/4 cup heavy cream to the pot. Bake 5-10 minutes longer.
Original Recipes visit: One pot creamy butternut squash pasta @ atreatsaffair.com