2 tsp extra virgin olive oil divided
8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs fat trimmed
Pinch each of salt and pepper
1/2 onion finely diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp ginger grated
2 1/2 tsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 1/2 tsp dried coriander
3 cups tomato sauce
2 small or 1 large sweet potato peeled and finely diced
1 can of lite coconut milk 400 ml can
1 small head cauliflower cut into small florets
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup frozen peas
Cilantro if desired as garnish
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add in one teaspoon of oil. Season the chicken with a pinch each of salt and pepper and sear on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Once golden brown, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add in the additional teaspoon of oil. Add the onion and sauté until it begins to soften, about 5-7 minutes. Add in the garlic, ginger, curry, coriander, cumin and cayenne and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Next, add in the tomato sauce and the sweet potatoes, cover the pan with a lid and simmer for 7-8 minutes, until the sweet potato pieces begin to soften.
- Pour in the coconut milk, and then nestle in the chicken thighs and cauliflower. Cover the pan with a lid and cook until the cauliflower and sweet potato softens, and the chicken thighs are cooked to an internal temperature of 165- 175 F, about 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir in the spinach and peas. Taste, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and enjoy.
Original Recipes visit: PALEO CHICKEN CURRY WITH CAULIFLOWER AND SWEET POTATOES @ abbeyskitchen.com