Easy and Delicious Pepper Steak – Super easy recipe with sauteed steak strips, peppers and onions. PERFECT over rice!
- 1.5 lbs. sirloin or bottom round steak
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 large onion
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 packet brown gravy mix
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Slice steak into 1/4-inch strips then toss with soy sauce and black pepper. You can cook this strait away or let it marinate up to 8 hours.
- If you’re planning to serve this with rice, get your rice cooking before you start cooking the steak as it cooks pretty quickly!
- Chop peppers and onion into 1-inch pieces; set aside.
- Add just enough vegetable oil to a large skillet to coat the bottom. Heat over high heat until very hot. Add one layer of beef strips to skillet then sauté until nicely browned. Remove from skillet then repeat this process until all beef is browned and set aside.
- Coat the bottom of the pan with a little more vegetable oil, reduce heat to medium-high then add chopped peppers and onions then sauté for 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Combine sauce ingredients and mix well. Add sauce and browned beef strips (with any rendered juices) to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and peppers are tender.
- Note: If you’d like enough sauce to make a gravy for the rice, double the sauce ingredients.