These perfect cookies are buttery, chewy, thick and chocked full of rich, semi-sweet chocolate chips. Absolutely divine!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour see notes below
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter see notes below, room temperature
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips I used Ghiradelli semi-sweet
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda and salt together.
- In another large bowl, using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat together the butter, and sugars about 2 minutes and is smooth.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix on low speed until mixed in.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix in until just incorporated. Do not keep mixing – do not overmix.
- Add chocolate chips and stir with a wooden spoon, again no overmixing, just until incorporated.
- Chill dough if dough is warm.
- Visit Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies @ thebakingchocolatess.com for full instructions.