Shredded lettuce (but not much)
Diced avocado (if desired)
2-3 sprigs Cilantro
Jalapenos (if desired, which I do not)
1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 medium white onion
1½ tspn paprika
1½ tspn cumin
1½ tspn chipotle
½ tspn cayenne
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash chicken thighs and slice into tenders and place in a bowl. Set aside.
- Combine paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, cayenne, and chipotle.
- Mix spices with olive oil, onions and garlic.
- Pour spice/oil mixture over the chicken tenders and mix together thoroughly,
- Spread on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Place chicken in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until completely cooked.
- Remove chicken from oven, and place in a large bowl.
- Using a hand mixer, shred chicken (this actually works).
- Warm tortillas in a hot skillet for a few seconds on each side, until they kind of bubble up and are hot.
- Fill each tortilla (FYI–I like to layer my tortillas 2-3, because then they don’t fall apart) with chicken, a small amount of lettuce, onions, avocado, jalapenos, and a squeeze of lime.
Original Recipes visit: Shredded Chicken Street Tacos @ nerdymamma.com