2 large carrots, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 potatoes, chopped
2 16oz cans of corn (drained) OR one small 10-12oz bag of frozen corn
2 16oz cans of creamed corn
4 cups of water OR chicken broth
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
½ teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon dried parsley
½ teaspoon garlic powder
salt & pepper to taste
1 12oz can of evaporated milk
2 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons of butter (optional)
- Place everything except for the evaporated milk, cornstarch and butter or margarine into the slow cooker.
- Add just enough water or chicken stock to cover the ingredients.
- Cook on high 5 hours or low 7-8 hours until vegetables are softened.
- Combine cornstarch and evaporated milk. Stir into slow cooker along with butter 30 minutes before serving,
- Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
Sizes of canned corn may vary between 14-16oz.
Original Recipes visit: Slow Cooker Creamy Bacon Corn Chowder @ spendwithpennies.com