Delicious Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken Recipe is sweet and smoky and slow cooked to perfection. This easy slow cooker recipe makes a great sandwich, and is perfect for family dinners, parties, game day, or anytime you’re looking for something super easy & incredibly delicious!
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 c. chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 c. flour
- 2 c. pineapple juice
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, *edited from the original recipe, which called for 1 cup
- 3/4 c. ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, garlic, worcestershire sauce, and spices in a large measuring cup or mixing bowl. Mix until all ingredients are incorporated; set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion and saute until onion begins to brown.
- Stir in 1/4 c. flour.
- Add pineapple juice mixture to the skillet with the butter, onion and flour. Bring to a boil.
- Boil, stirring, 10-15 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- Place chicken in slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- Cook on low heat 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken using 2 large forks. Serve on sandwich rolls or as desired.
- *If sauce is not as thick as you’d like it to be, you can prop open the lid and let some additional liquid evaporate before shredding and serving. *Note: sauce will thicken further as it cools.