Graham Cracker Crust:
1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter (8 tablespoons), melted
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup unsalted butter , melted and slightly cooled
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1-1/2 cups mini-marshmallows – frozen
2 (1.55 oz) Hershey chocolate bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place marshmallows in freezer if you haven’t already (they don’t take long to freeze). Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- For the graham cracker crust: In a medium bowl, combine the crumbs,sugar, and butter until combined. Press into the prepared baking dish.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter (make sure it’s mostly cooled), brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the frozen marshmallows.
- Scoop dough on top of the graham cracker crust and gently press in an even layer. Don’t worry about filling the pan too much – the dough will cover all of it as it bakes. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of marshmallows on top slightly pressing in.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until top begins to get touches of golden brown. Note: some readers have said that they needed additional baking time. Make sure you bake until the center is set. They will continue to firm up after cooling so be sure not to overbake.
- While bars are cooking, break candy bar into sections and place in freezer.
- After bars are done baking, remove pan from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes then carefully place broken candy bar pieces on top. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Original recipe visit: S’mores Cookie Bars @ the-girl-who-ate-everything.com