Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe – These Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookie Bars are a delicious and easy-to-make treat recipe! The basic sugar cookie base is topped with a sweet and fluffy buttercream frosting and sprinkles – it’s the perfect kid friendly dessert that the whole family will love!
Soft and Chewy Sugar Cookie Bars Recipe
Servings: 12 bars
1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the frosting:
1/2 cup butter softened
4 cups powdered sugar
6 tablespoons whipping cream
a splash vanilla extract
a pinch sea salt
food colouring if desired
sprinkles if desired
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch rectangular baking pan with butter.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or in the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar on high speed for several minutes until they’re creamed together (fluffy and smooth and pale in colour).
- Beat in the sour cream, egg, and vanilla extract until well incorporated.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and mix on low speed just until combined. The mixture may appear slightly crumbly but this is totally normal.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking pan with your hands or a flat kitchen object like the bottom of a measuring cup. READ MORE
Recipe by: thebusybaker.ca