These Strawberries and Cream Cupcakes are made with my favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. They have fresh cream filling with chopped strawberries and the most amazing strawberry frosting!
Yield: 12-14 Cupcakes
6 tbsp (84g), unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cups (155g) sugar
6 tbsp (86g) sour cream
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 large egg whites, room temperature
1 1/4 cups (163g) all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
6 tbsp (90ml) milk
2 tbsp (30ml) water
1 cup freeze-dried strawberries
1 cup (224g) unsalted butter, room temperature
4 cups (460g) powdered sugar
3–4 tbsp (45-60ml) water or milk
Pinch of salt
Fresh berries, for topping
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
1/4 cup (29g) powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup chopped strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C) and prepare a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light in color and fluffy, about 3-4 minutes. Do not skimp on the amount of creaming time.
- Add sour cream and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Add egg whites in two batches, mixing until well combined after each. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then combine the milk and water in a small measuring cup.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well combined. Add the milk mixture and mix until well combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until well combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed to be sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Fill the cupcake liners about halfway. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few crumbs.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove to cooling rack to finish cooling.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the frosting. Add the freeze dried berries to a food processor and grind into a powder. Set aside.
- Add the butter to a large mixer bowl and mix until smooth. READ MORE
Recipe by: lifeloveandsugar.com