The BEST Beef Crock Pot Roast – This is a tried and true roast recipe that I have enjoyed since my childhood!
- 2.5 lb beef roast
- 5 potatoes peeled and sliced into wedges
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 2 medium onions halved
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 2 cups water
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray
Place your roast in your 6- quart crock pot (I used my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker.)
Surround your roast with your potato wedges, onion halves and carrots
Mix together one of your brown gravy mixes with 1 c cold water
Pour over your roast and veggies
Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours (total)
An hour before serving, mix together your remaining brown gravy mix and 1 c cold water
Pour over roast and veggies
Cover again for the last hour of cooking.
- We used brown gravy mix in this recipe.
- I made up The Perfect Crock Pot Roast in good ol’ Sir Hamilton (my Hamilton Beach Programmable Insulated Slow Cooker). Your favorite 5-6 quart slow cooker will work great as well.
- We now have an Instant Pot (Electric Pressure Cooker) version of this recipe too!
- As with any of our recipes, calorie counts and nutritional information varies greatly depending on which products you choose to use when cooking this dish. The auto-calculation is just an automated estimate and should NOT be used for specific dietary needs.
- All slow cookers cook differently, so cooking times are always a basic guideline and should always be tested first in your own slow cooker and time adjusted as needed.