1 cup butter. softened
1½ cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/3 cup Hershey’s Spreadable Chocolate
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups Dark chocolate chips reserve 1/2 cup for tops of cookies
1 1/2 cups Milk Chocolate Chips reserve 1/2 cup for tops of cookies
Optional: Hershey’s Spreadable Chocolate for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a baking pan with non-stick spray, parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and vanilla until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs and Hershey’s Spreadable Chocolate and mix until just combined.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until incorporated. The dough will be thick.
- Stir in 1 cup of dark and 1 cup of milk chocolate chips.
- Cover dough and place in fridge for 30 minutes or so.
- Using a large scoop, scoop the dough balls out and then roll the dough into even balls. Flatten just a tad and with the 1/2 cups of each of the reserved dark and milk chocolate chips left, gently press several chips into the tops of the cookies.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.
- When you take the cookies out of the oven, they will be underdone, thick and puffy-looking, which will make them soft and fudgy!
- If you want to add some extra chocolate ‘oomph’, melt some Hershey’s Spreadable Chocolate in the microwave for 60 – 90 seconds and spoon into a plastic ziploc bag.
- Snip small hole in tip, squeeze and drizzle back and forth on cookies.
I made very large cookies, so if you make smaller cookies, adjust time accordingly.
Warm up cookies in microwave for a warm sweet treat! 🙂 Don’t forget the milk!
Original recipe and more pictures visit: ‘Thick ‘n Fudgy’ Chocolate Explosion Cookies @ thebakingchocolatess.com