Delicous Turkey Taco Burrito Bowls – are a tried & true family dinner recipe where everyone can make their own taco bowl. Ground turkey, beans, and corn simmer in a perfectly seasoned beef broth and tomato sauce base. Serve over rice and top with all your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14.5 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Cooked Rice
- Taco Toppings : shredded lettuce, cheese, pico de gallo, chopped tomatoes, avocado slices, guacamole, olives, lime, jalapenos, etc.
In a large nonstick skillet, over medium high heat, cook the ground turkey with the salt & pepper until cooked through and no longer pink, breaking the meat into small pieces as it cooks. Drain.
* If you are not using a nonstick pan, like a cast iron type pan, then you will want to add 1-2 tablespoons of olive oil to cook the ground turkey in.
Add the cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and flour. Stir the mixture constantly for 1 minute while it cooks. It will be crumbly (that’s ok).
Slowly add the beef broth, a little bit at a time, while whisking to let it thicken up. Add in tomato sauce and stir to combine.
Bring to a boil. Once boiling add the black beans and corn.
Turn heat to medium and let simmer for at least 20 minutes or until thickened.
Serve over rice and top with all your favorite taco toppings.
Make it spicy! : Add extra chili powder. Add cayenne pepper. Add a can of diced green chilies or chopped jalapeños. Top it with Pepper Jack cheese.
Beef Broth : I use full salt, regular beef broth for the best flavor. If watching your sodium, or if you just want to control the salt, then use the 50% reduced-sodium beef broth instead.