3 medium ripe bananas (about 1 cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp mini chocolate chips for topping – optional
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas and brown sugar until the bananas are mashed and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. Mix together.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to determine doneness. Best eaten warm.
Original Recipes visit: Double Chocolate Banana Cake @ dessertnowdinnerlater.com