16 oz spicy Italian sausage
8 slices of bacon
½ large onion, diced
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
28 oz low-sodium chicken broth
3 cups water
5 medium russet potatoes, thinly sliced
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Salt and pepper (optional)
4 cups chopped kale
1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Brown sausage in a large pot or dutch oven.
- Remove sausage with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Cut bacon into small pieces.
- Add bacon to pot and cook until crispy.
- Stir in chopped onion. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Stir in minced garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth and water to the pot. Add crushed red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper if desired.
- Add thinly sliced potatoes (I use a mandoline) and the cooked sausage to the pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Continue cooking until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the kale to the soup, and simmer for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the heavy cream and let heat through.
- Ladle soup into bowls and serve with Parmesan cheese.
Original Recipes visit: One Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup @ momontimeout.com