2½ lbs. golden potatoes, diced
2 carrots, washed,peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 32 oz. box of vegetable stock
12 oz. bag of broccoli florets or one head of broccoli with florets cut into small pieces
½ cup nutritional yeast
⅓ cup olive oil
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
salt and pepper to taste
- Place 2 cups of the diced potatoes and carrots in a medium stock pot with 8 cups of water and bring to a boil. Boil until vegetables are fork tender.
- While potatoes and carrots are boiling, heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large stock pot, add in the onions and saute until onions are translucent. Add the garlic, oregano and thyme and salute for 1 to 2 minutes more, until fragrant.
- Add 1 container of the vegetable stock (4 cups), and the remaining diced potatoes, stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat a simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- While potatoes are boiling remove smaller pot of potatoes and carrots from pot and place in bowl of blender. Rinse pot add in more water and bring to a boil and add in the broccoli cooking until just tender. You don’t want them to overcook.
- Add nutritional yeast, ⅓ cup of olive oil and 1 cup of vegetable stock to blender bowl with the potatoes and carrots. Blend until smooth and set aside.
- When potatoes are ready coarsely smash them using a potato masher or fork.
- Pour the blended mixture into the smashed potatoes and add 2 cups of vegetable stock, broccoli florets and the nutmeg, stir to combine and simmer 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Add in more vegetable stock if needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon into bowls, serve and enjoy!
Original Recipes visit: Un-Cheesy Potato Broccoli Soup @ thewholeserving.com