1 16 oz. package regular Oreo cookies
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1 1/2 teas. peppermint extract
8 oz. melting chocolate, candy coat, OR almond bark (melted)
- Crush (whole) Oreos into fine crumbs; place in medium bowl.
- Add cream cheese and peppermint extract to the crushed Oreos; mix until well blended.
- Refrigerate mixture until firm, about one hour.
- Roll cookie mixture into balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate/candy melt/almond bark; place on wax paper.
- Sprinkle with crushed candy canes immediately after placing on wax paper.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
- Yields about 20-30 truffles.
Original recipe and notes of recipe visit: Peppermint Oreo Truffles @ twotwentyone.net