1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower – should yield 2 to 3 cups once processed
¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
¼ cup mozzarella cheese
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon basil or rosemary, minced (or dry)
½ teaspoon oregano, minced (or dry)
1 cup marinara sauce
1-2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Remove the stems from the cauliflower and cut into chunks, Place the cauliflower into a food processor and pulse it until it resembles the texture of rice. If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a cheese grater or chop it very finely.
- Microwave the processed cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for approximately 4-5 minutes on high. Remove it from the microwave and allow it to cool for at least 4-5 minutes (trust me don’t rush this step!). After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place it in a kitchen towel and squeeze all the liquid out of it. Be sure to squeeze as much liquid as humanly possible.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, egg, garlic, cheese, and seasonings. Stir until a dough texture forms. Spread the cauliflower mixture out onto lightly greased parchment paper or a pizza pan in the shape of a pizza crust.
- Bake the crust for approximately 10-15 minutes (depending on your oven), or until the crust is golden and crispy. I cooked mine for approximately 15 minutes. After the crust is golden remove it from the oven and add your toppings, I used marinara sauce and cheese for a simple margarita pizza.
- Place the pizza back in the oven but this time turn on the broiler, bake for about 2-5 minutes until the cheese melts. be sure to keep an eye on it because the broiler can burn the cheese quickly.
- Slice and serve warm , enjoy!
Original recipe, more pictures, and Nutrition Facts visit: The Best Low-Carb Cauliflower Pizza Crust @ gimmedelicious.com