1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flaxseed meal + 3 tablespoons water)
1/2 cup peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 medium banana, mashed (+ slices for topping, optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup quinoa flakes
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Whisk together the flaxseed meal and water, and set aside.
- Beat together peanut butter, syrup, banana and vanilla in a large bowl. Add flax egg and mix to combine.
- Pour in oats, quinoa flakes, baking powder, spices and salt to the bowl and stir together. Fold in chocolate chips, walnuts, dates and chia seeds.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of dough onto the baking sheet and repeat until no dough remains.
- Bake cookies on center rack for 15 – 18 minutes until edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool on the pan for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Enjoy at room temp or slightly reheated in a microwave.
Original recipe visit: Chunky Monkey Quinoa Breakfast Cookies @ simplyquinoa.com