2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1 tablespoon + 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
3 cups Quick Quaker 3-minute Steel Cut Oats
1 cup 2% milk, nonfat milk, or unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup chopped nuts, optional
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (or milk)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with liners and spray very well with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir eggs, applesauce, sugar, 1 tablespoon vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl until mixed. Stir in oats, milk, and nuts.
- Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake for about 15-17 minutes until they get golden brown and no longer look wet in the center.
- For next step visit: Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal @ crazyforcrust.com
- For the glaze, the fattier the milk you use, the thicker the glaze. I used heavy whipping cream to get that pretty white look, but you can use any fat-content milk or unsweetened almond milk. It’ll just be runnier.
- If you can’t find the quick cooking steel cut oats from Quaker, you can use their old fashioned oats.