1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 large egg
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a mini muffin pan with a non-stick baking spray or butter (I used butter). Set aside.
- Prepare toppings by placing them in small bowls.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt).
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together milk and lemon juice. Let stand 2 to 3 minutes until the milk sours. Add egg, vanilla and oil and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together just until combined. Slightly lumpy batter is okay. Do not overmix!
- Place one tablespoon in each muffin cup. Top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until the tops are puffed up and set.
- Cool muffins in the pan for 10 minutes, remove from the pan.
- Serve or pack into ziploc bags or containers with lids for an easy on-the-go snack.
Original recipe visit: Mini Pancake Muffins @ crunchycreamysweet.com