1 pound ground beef
⅓ cup diced yellow onion
⅓ cup diced green bell pepper
⅓ cup diced mushrooms
4 oz cream cheese
12oz jumbo pasta shells
2 cups alfredo sauce
1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Boil your pasta shells for about 10 minutes, or until cooked al dente. Rinse shells when they’re done cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan cook up your ground beef, onion, pepper and mushroom until the beef is cooked thoroughly. Drain the excess grease from the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your beef mixture and your cream cheese until its mixed thoroughly.
- Pour about ⅓ of your alfredo sauce on the bottom of a 9×13 in pan and spread around.
- Fill each of your shells with a heaping tablespoon of your meat mixture and place into your pan.
- Repeat until all shells, or the meat mixture is gone.
- Pour the remaining alfredo sauce over the top of your shells.
- Wrap pan in foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with cheese.
- Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Original recipe visit: Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Shells @ lmld.org