Servings 12 slices
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature 85g
2/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil 160ml
2 cup sugar 400g
1 Tablespoon clear vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup + 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour 345g
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk room temperature preferred (235ml)
6 large egg whites room temperature
Double batch Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare two 8-inch round cake pans by lining the bottoms with a round of parchment paper and generously greasing and flouring the sides. Be sure to shake out excess flour.
- In a stand mixer (or using an electric mixer), beat butter on medium-low speed until creamy.
- Add sugar and oil and beat until all ingredients are well-combined and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and then stir in your vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Measure out your milk.
- Visit The Best White Cake Recipe @ sugarspunrun.com for full instructions.