Today I’m so excited to be sharing the very best white cake recipe! This recipe yields a fluffy, snow-white cake that’s light and soft but still sturdy enough to stack or cover with fondant. Read on for plenty of tips for making the perfect white cake, completely from scratch!
Recipe by: sugarspunrun.com
Servings 12 slices
6 Tablespoons unsalted butter softened to room temperature 85g
2/3 cup canola oil or vegetable oil 160ml
2 cup sugar 400g
1 Tablespoon clear vanilla extract
2 2/3 cup + 2 Tablespoon all-purpose flour 345g
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk room temperature preferred (235ml)
6 large egg whites room temperature
Double batch Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350F and prepare two 8-inch round cake pans by lining the bottoms with a round of parchment paper and generously greasing and flouring the sides. Be sure to shake out excess flour.
- In a stand mixer (or using an electric mixer), beat butter on medium-low speed until creamy.
- Add sugar and oil and beat until all ingredients are well-combined and creamy.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl and then stir in your vanilla extract.
- In separate bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Measure out your milk. READ MORE