The BEST Homemade French Bread recipe – so soft and tasty!! Serve with butter or turn it into a delicious appetizer. Everyone loves this recipe!
2 TB dry yeast
½ cup warm water
2 cups hot water
3 TB sugar
1 TB salt
5 TB vegetable oil
6 cups flour, divided
1 egg, beaten- for glazing bread
- Dissolve your yeast in ½ cup warm water.
- In a separate bowl combine hot water, sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups of the flour. and stir.
- With the paddle attachment mix the yeast mixture and the hot water-flour mixture together.
- Add the remaining 3 cups of flour, one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Once all of the flour is added, let sit for 10 minutes.
- Visit Homemade French Bread @ lilluna.com for full instructions.