1 ½ pounds chicken tenders
3 tablespoons oil
2 ½ tablespoons red curry paste
2 – 12 ounce cans lite coconut milk
2 cups chicken stock
¼ cup fish sauce
2 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into ¼ inch slices
1 purple onion, thinly sliced
1 heaping tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
6 ounces fresh snow peas
1 tablespoon lime juice
4 ounces rice noodles, optional
Cilantro for garnish
- Prepare chicken by adding 1 tablespoon of the oil over med-high heat. Add chicken tenders to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn the tenders over and cook on the other side, for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat until chicken tenders are cooked all the way through and a nice golden brown on the outside, about 6-8 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet. NOTE If your skillet is small trying cooking ½ of the chicken tenders at a time, this will add an additional 8 minutes to your total cooking time.
- Once all the chicken is cooked and removed from the pot, add 1 tablespoon of oil and cook onion for 2 minutes, then add in red pepper. Cook for a few minutes until they are tender, add in curry paste and ginger, chicken broth and coconut milk. Stir together. Then stir in peanut butter. Reduce heat to medium low and add in snow peas. Cover and cook over med-low heat for 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice noodles according to package directions, if you are going to add them.
- After 10 minutes, remove lid and reduce heat to low. Add in chicken. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice, noodles if you are adding and garnish with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Original Recipes visit: 30 Minute Thai Chicken Soup @ adashofsanity.com